The global yoga mat market size is anticipated to reach USD 17.32 billion by 2025 registering a CAGR of 5.8%, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. Supportive government initiatives to promote yoga across the world will fuel the product demand over the forecast period. Rising number of yoga studios due to growing popularity of the technique in countries including U.S., China, and Australia is also expected to boost the product demand in the coming years.
The Polyvinyl Chloride (PVC) material segment accounted for the maximum market share of 40.3% in 2018 due to high efficiency and low cost of these materials. However, manufacturers are focusing on developing products from eco-friendly and biodegradable materials, such as rubber and Thermoplastic Elastomer (TPE), owing to stringent government regulations on use of plastic. Thus, rubber material segment is anticipated to expand at the fastest CAGR of 7.1% over the forecast period. Moreover, rubber is highly UV-resistant and easy to clean, which drives the segment further.
Click the link below:
Further key findings from the study suggest:
- North America is anticipated to be the largest regional market over the forecast period. Increasing awareness about the health benefits of yoga is expected to boost the product demand
- However, Asia Pacific is projected to be the fastest-growing regional market at a CAGR of 7.3% from 2019 to 2025
- Online distribution channel segment is anticipated to witness the fastest growth rate over the forecast period
- Increasing usage of smartphones and internet, especially in developing countries like India and China, is expected boost product sales through online channel
- The global yoga mats market is highly competitive. Some of the top companies are Alo Yoga, Inc.; Lululemon; Manduka; Jade Yoga; prAna; Hugger Mugger; Khataland; Liforme Ltd.; Dragonfly; and Tomuno