Wafer And IC Shipping & Handling Market Worth $14.16 Billion By 2025
The global wafer and integrated circuits (IC) shipping & handling market size is expected to reach USD 14.16billion by 2025, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. The market is expected to grow substantially over the forecast period on account of the rising demand for ICs in communication systems and consumer electronics.
The market is expected to witness significant growth over the forecast period on account of increasing demand for integrated circuit (IC) chips in communication systems, automotive and consumer electronics. In addition, the rising demand for ICs is expected to have a positive impact on the demand for silicon and integrated circuits (IC) processing & storage, shipping & handling markets, which is likely to drive the demand for wafer carriers over the projected period.
The raw material manufacturers are trying to integrate across various stages of the value chain, namely supply of raw material, manufacturing of the products and supply of the manufactured products to achieve higher profit margins and meet the rising consumer demand, by reducing the lead time.
Further key findings from the report suggest:
- The demand for IC trays is expected to grow substantially over the forecast period as the product aids in bulk shipment and maximum protection to the ICs. It is most commonly used the product as an IC tray can accommodate between 10 and 400 chips, which is only a small portion of what is on a wafer.
- JEDEC trays account for over 90% of the overall processing & storage products market. The high strength of the product coupled with the efficient design of the trays is expected to be the driving force in the processing application.
- The demand for carrier tapes is expected to witness substantial growth over the forecast period on account of the utilization of different types of material to meet a variety of shipping & handling needs. Materials including polycarbonate and polystyrene are utilized in the manufacturing of carrier tapes, as they are non-conductive and possess antistatic properties.
- Asia Pacific accounted for the largest revenue share on account of the presence of a large number of semiconductor manufacturers and integrated device manufacturers (IDMs). The growing demand for the ICs and silicon wafers in the region coupled with increasing exports from Taiwan and South Korea is expected to drive demand
- The demand in the Middle East is spearheaded by Israel owing to the presence of manufacturers such as fabless, multinational design and fabs. As there are established local players such as Mellanox and Broadlight and startups Siverge and Anobit the demand for silicon wafers is high in the country resulting in high demand for wafer carriers.
- The companies in the wafer and integrated circuits (IC) shipping & handling market are highly competitive and compete on the basis of prices and regional expansion. Global players such as Entegris and Dalau cater to their local market while catering to the demand across all the other regions.