The global vacuum cleaner market size is expected to reach USD 16.7 billion by 2025 at a CAGR of 9.1%, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. Rise in millennial population followed by lifestyle changes and demand for smart devices is triggering the consumer demand for advanced cleaning equipment. In addition, availability of IoT enabled cleaning devices are paving their way towards market growth.
Manual cleaning is a traditional form of maintaining cleanliness and hygiene in the residential and commercial places. However, with the rise in technological curve, vacuum cleaners are now witnessing a high adoption to not only maintain hygiene but also to ensure germ-free living. With the government initiatives such as ‘Swachh Bharat Abhiyaan’ in India, automatic vacuum cleaners and sweepers have a major stake in achieving public health in commercial places. Automatic cleaning equipment can therefore engage in a frugal approach to maintain a high cleanliness in public places.
In addition, the market growth is influenced by factors such as hygiene awareness among the public, availability of multiple variants of electric suction sweeper, and effectiveness in distribution channels. The development of canister vacuum cleaner equipped with the HEPA filter, which is able to clear the smallest dust or dirt particles and reduce chances of pulmonary side effects such as allergies and asthma, is expected to attract growth opportunities for the market over the forecast period. Moreover, significance of advertisements promoting hygiene and cleanliness are also shaping the market growth throughout the forecast period.
Recent technological developments have been carried out focusing on developing energy-efficient, intelligent, and cordless cleaning equipment. In addition, the introduction of various advanced technologies for robotic cleaning machines that are equipped with the automatic charging function is expected to accelerate the vacuum cleaner market growth. The development of advanced vacuum cleaners that are equipped with collision avoidance system and voice assistance system that support Google Home and Amazon Alexa is another factor expected to boost the growth of the market over the forecast period.
Click the link below:
Further key findings from the report suggest:
- Robust features and advantages such as bag less dirt cup, equipped with HEPA 12 filter, and micro particle filter exhibited by canisters enabled the segment to lead with a high revenue share in 2018
- The online segment is anticipated to witness the highest CAGR of over 9.0% from 2019 to 2025. This growth can be attributed to the enormous growth in e-commerce and consumer reviews over social media platforms
- The residential segment is expected to register the highest growth rate owing to the introduction of compact, lightweight, and cordless cleaning equipment
- North America is expected to continue its dominance in the market over the forecast period. The increasing number of hotels, restaurants, and hospitals and growing adoption of vacuum cleaners in these places for cleaning purposes is expected to drive growth in the regional market
- The key players in the market are Bissell, Nilfisk Group, Dyson, Alfred Kärcher GmbH & Co. KG, iRobot Corporation, Koninklijke Philips N.V., and Haier Group Corporation.