U.S. Patient Engagement Solutions Market Worth $12.3 Billion By 2025
The U.S. patient engagement solutions market size is anticipated to reach USD 12.3 billion by 2025, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. It is anticipated to expand at a CAGR of 19.5% over the forecast period. Increasing awareness regarding patient engagement solutions among government organizations such as the Agency of Healthcare Research and Quality and the Office of National Coordinator for Health Information Technology (ONC) is expected to fuel market growth.
Increasing use of mobile health is considered to be the key driver for the U.S. Patient engagement solutions market. Rising awareness and need for monitoring personal health have led to increased usage of mobile health applications across the globe. The market has been segmented into delivery type, component, end-use, application, and therapeutic area.
Increasing penetration of mobile platforms such as tablets and smart phones coupled with robust dissemination of uninterrupted 3G and 4G networks are rapidly boosting the use of mobile health. The uses of mobile application is proved to be very effective in spreading awareness about the causative, preventive, and curative agents of chronic diseases, thereby driving the market growth.
Further key findings from the study suggest:
- Web-based delivery is expected to be the largest delivery mode segment expanding at a lucrative CAGR over the forecast period
- Services dominated the component segment in 2017 and is anticipated to witness steady rise in near future
- Provider is expected to emerge as the highest profit generating end-use segment in the forthcoming years
- Some key players in the U.S. patient engagement solutions market are Allscripts Healthcare Solutions, Inc.; Cerner Corporation; Phytel, Inc.; Athenahealth, Inc.; McKesson Corporation; and MEDecision, Inc.
- Key players are actively involved in development of new solutions that facilitate workflow of existing platforms. For instance, Allscripts Healthcare Solutions, Inc. provides revenue cycle management solutions to help maintain financial health of medical systems.