The global surgical blade market size is anticipated to reach USD 181.2 million by 2026, as per a new report by Grand View Research, Inc., exhibiting a CAGR of 3.6% over the forecast period. Increase in surgeries due to increase in number of accidents, coupled with a growing geriatric population prone to various disorders, is currently driving the market. Moreover, increase in number of surgeons at a global scale is also propelling the demand for surgical blades.
Several key players are investing in R&D to launch new and innovative products. Increase in individual disposable income & standard of living, and growth in awareness regarding modern surgical procedures are other factors increasing the number of medical procedures. Increase in trauma cases and other disorders, such as cancer, which require surgery, is further augmenting demand for surgical blades. Furthermore, availability of these blades in various shapes and sizes for surgical intervention in multiple illnesses is driving the overall market.
With a wide range of procedures in healthcare, more patients are willing to undergo new treatments due to improving affordability and feasibility. Stainless steel blades are increasingly preferred due to features such as cleaner incisions, superior cutting, and numbering of scalpel handles. Being low-risk medical tools, these products do not need strict regulatory processes, which encourages and eases product launches.
Click the link below:
Further key findings from the report suggest:
- Surgical blades come in a variety of forms, enabling surgeons and medical staff to choose the right blade for a medical procedure
- By product, stainless steel blades are expected to lead market over the forecast period, due to better anti-corrosion properties. They are more suitable for procedures involving large volumes of saline solution and multiple incisions
- By material, sterile blades are expected to dominate the market since they can provide a sharp cutting edge for high efficiency, enabling cleaner incisions and superior cutting
- By end use, hospitals segment accounted for a share of over 40.0% and is expected to grow at a CAGR of 3.7% over the forecast period
- Some key players of surgical blades market are Swann-Morton Limited; PL Medical Co.; Hill-Rom, LLC; Beaver-Visitec International; VOGT Medical; Hu-Friedy Mfg. Co., LLC; B. Braun Melsungen AG; and Surgical Specialties Corporation.