The global rehabilitation devices/equipment market is expected to reach USD 17.5 billion by 2025, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. Global increase in prevalence of degenerative diseases and number of trauma cases has led to a rise in number of patients in need of rehabilitation, which is anticipated to boost growth over the forecast period.
Growing demand for rehabilitation devices in emerging economies is expected to boost the market in regions such as Asia Pacific and Latin America. Strengthened communication between manufacturers and customers due to various strategies employed by manufacturers, government awareness programs, subsidies, and reimbursement programs are few factors anticipated to promote growth.
Mobility equipment was the largest product category in 2016 and is expected to maintain its dominance during the forecast period. This segment held a share of nearly 37.1% in 2016. Exercise equipment segment is expected to witness the strongest growth over the forecast period owing to rise in number of physicians practicing physiotherapy and increase in adoption of physiotherapy in the rehabilitation process.
On the basis of end-use, the hospitals segment held a revenue share of nearly 33.1% in 2016 and is expected to be dominant during the forecast period. Large patient pool of hospitals and rapidly improving rehabilitation centers are amongst key factors attributing to the growth of this segment. Home care settings segment is expected to witness the fastest growth over the forecast period with a CAGR of around 7.4%. Economic benefits of home care over hospitals are primary causes of the anticipated growth. On the basis of geography, North America and Europe accounted for the largest share in 2015, whereas, the Asia Pacific market is expected to grow at a CAGR 8.2% between 2017 and 2025.
Click the link below:
Further Key Findings From the Report Suggest:
- The global rehabilitation devices market size was valued at USD 10.5 billion in 2016 and is expected to grow at a CAGR of 6.0% from 2017 to 2025
- Mobility equipment was the largest product type segment in 2016 and is estimated to generate revenue over USD 6.7 billion by 2025
- On the basis of end-use, the market size of hospital segment was valued at USD 3.5 billion in 2016 and is anticipated to witness high growth over the next nine years
- The U.S. rehabilitation devices market size was valued at USD 2.9 billion in 2016 and is estimated to reach USD 4.4 billion by 2025
- The rehabilitation equipment market in Asia Pacific is anticipated to witness substantial growth over the next decade owing to various developments taking place in major economies such as China, Japan, and India. The regional market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 8.2% from 2017 to 2025
- Some players in rehabilitation devices market are Invacare Corporation; Medline Industries, Inc.; Dynatronics Corporation; Drive Devilbiss Healthcare; Esko Bionics; Caremax Rehabilitation Equipment Ltd.; GF Health Products, Inc.; Hospital Equipment Mfg. Co.; Maddak, Inc.; and India Medico Instruments