North America Smart Trash Bin Market Size Worth $12.3 Million By 2025
The North America smart trash/garbage bin market size is estimated to reach USD 12.3 million by 2025, according to the new report by Grand View Research, Inc., expanding at a CAGR of 6.9% during the forecast period. The smart trash bins considered under the scope of the study refers to the automatic garbage bins. These touchless trash cans are sensor-based and are capable of operating without making any physical contact. The market formulated estimates the market sizing & forecasts for the automatically operated touchless garbage/trash/waste bins.
Regional manufacturers of smart trash cans are investing aggressively in product development to incorporate innovative solutions into their product portfolio. They are targeting consumers by offering attractive touchless waste disposal solutions to create lucrative opportunities for expansions. The 14 to 23 gallon capacity segment accounted for the largest market share in 2017. Availability of smart trash bins in several variants under this category and significant adoption of these products across the commercial sector is contributing to the growth of the segment.
Demand for touchless garbage bins in North American countries, particularly the U.S., has witnessed a significant growth over the past few years to generate substantial revenue. The U.S. is anticipated to continue leading the North America touchless trash bin market over the forecast period on account of growing demand for automatic garbage bins in line with the increasing awareness about hygiene and cleanliness to avoid cross-contamination of germs.
The commercial subsegment dominated the North America smart garbage bins market in 2017 The commercial end use of automatic garbage can encircles the use of touchless garbage bins in corporate offices, retail shops, hotels, restaurants, hospitals, clinics, and other public places, which include malls, multiplexes, restrooms, airports, and bus & metro stations. The demand for touchless waste bins from the residential sector is also anticipated to escalate significantly over the next seven years in line with the expanding popularity of the automatic trash bins among the residential sector, modernizing lifestyle of families, and growing awareness about maintaining clean and tidy surroundings and hygiene.
The North America region can be considered as the manufacturing hub of the automatic garbage bins, as it is the homeland to the prominent manufacturers and suppliers, such as iTouchless Houseware & Products, Inc. (U.S.), Nine Stars Group (USA) Inc., simplehuman (U.S.), Walmart, and Costco Wholesale. Moreover, these manufacturers are supplying their product worldwide through various e-commerce platforms by collaborating & partnering with the eminent e-commerce players. Hence, the e-commerce and online shopping are expected to have a positive impact on the market.
Further key findings from the report suggest:
- The 8 to 13 Gallon subsegment is anticipated to portray substantial growth over the forecast period.
- The residential end-use sub-segment is projected to witness the highest CAGR over the forecast period.
- The U.S. market dominated the overall North America regional market in terms of revenue as well as shipments.
- The increasing awareness about maintaining a hygienic lifestyle and avoiding cross-contamination of germs is prompting households to adopt modern and advanced appliances, including touchless garbage bins.
- The convenience of hands-free operation while disposing the waste without spilling is driving the North America smart garbage bin market
- Key industry participants include Ausko Pte Ltd. (Singapore), Nine Stars Group (USA) Inc. (U.S.), iTouchless Housewares & Products, Inc. (U.S.), simplehuman (U.S.), and HANGSHAU Houseware Co., Ltd. (China).