The global non-alcoholic drink market size is expected to reach USD 1.6 trillion by 2025, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc., expanding at a CAGR of 5.3% over the forecast period. Rising concerns over adverse effects associated with consumption of alcoholic beverages are expected to expand the use of functional beverages as alternatives. Moreover, increasing demand for healthy and nutritious on-the-go beverages has propelled the demand for wide variety of natural beverages in the market.
Functional beverages are expected to expand at the fastest CAGR of 6.0% from 2019 to 2025. Changing diet patterns among the young population owing to fast moving lifestyle have fueled the demand for functional products such as probiotic beverages. Moreover, these products are beneficial for improving gut health, bones strength, and immunity of the body. They provide essential nutrition for proper functioning metabolism and normal functioning of the body.
North America led the market and accounted for a share of 34.5% in 2018. Over the past few years, the major players of the region have been adopting marketing strategies including innovative product launch and mergers and acquisitions in order to cater to the increasing demand for natural, less sugary, and low calorie content beverages.
For instance, in January 2019, The Coca-Cola Company launched a new range of sparkling cocktails under the brand name ‘Bar None’ in U.S. This product is available in four flavor variants including Bellini Spritz, Sangria, Ginger Mule, and Dry Aged Cider. The company has introduced these beverages as a best alternative to the alcoholic beverages in the parties.
To request a sample copy:
Further key findings from the report suggest:
- By product, soft drinks held the largest share of 24.3% in 2018
- The online distribution channel is expected to expand at a CAGR of 5.6% from 2019 to 2025
- In terms of revenue, North America accounted for the largest share of 34.5% in 2018
- Asia Pacific is projected to expand at the fastest CAGR of 6.0% from 2019 to 2025 owing to product innovation and establishment of partnerships with the distributors located in developing countries including China and India
- Key players of non-alcoholic drinks market include PepsiCo, Inc.; The Coca-Cola Company; Danone S.A.; Starbucks Corporation; Nestle S.A.; Parle Agro; Suntory Beverage & Food Limited; Keurig Dr Pepper Inc.; Red Bull Gmbh; and Unilever.
About Grand View Research:
Grand View Research, Inc. is a U.S. based market research and consulting company, registered in the State of California and headquartered in San Francisco. The company provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, we offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries, from technology to chemicals, materials and healthcare.
For More Information: www.grandviewresearch.com