The global manual toothbrush market size is expected to reach USD 7.5 billion by 2026, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. It is antcipated to expand at a CAGR of 6.9% during the forecast period. Rising product innovations coupled with the need to minimize complications in dental conditions is propelling the growth.
According to the World Health Organization (WHO), dental disorders are the common conditions affecting people once in their lifetime, causing discomfort, disfigurement, and pain. In 2016, the Global Burden of Disease Study predicted oral conditions affected approximately 50.0% of the world’s population with tooth decay in permanent teeth.
Especially in Asia Pacific, oral cancers are strongly prevalent due to human papillomavirus (the most common sexually transmitted infection, also known as HPV) and high consumption of alcohol and tobacco. According to the research conducted by The Lancet, alcohol consumption increased from 5.9 liters per year per individual in 1990 to 6.5 liters in 2017 and is expected to rise further to 7.6 liters by the end of 2030. In Europe, Ireland comprises the highest smoking-associated mortality rate every year, with approximately 300 individuals in every 100,000 or around 7,000 people every year losing lives from smoking-related oral diseases.
Low preference for manual toothbrushes in rural and semi-rural regions is hampering the market growth. However, manufacturers are taking initiatives for promoting the targeted product and creating awareness among a large population for optimal dental health. This factor is projected to positively influence the growth in near future.
Click the link below:
Further key findings from the report suggest:
- Manual toothbrushes with medium-soft bristles are increasingly demanded by individuals since they are comparatively more durable than other types of bristles
- The adult segment was valued at USD 2.6 billion in 2018 and is expected to grow substantially in near future owing to rising number of oral disorders, especially due to high intake of alcohol and tobacco and unhealthy eating habits
- North America is expected to lead the market in the forthcoming years owing to the presence of numerous market players and high demand for technologically advanced dental care products
- Adoption of innovative marketing techniques by most market players is expected to impact the manual toothbrush market growth impressively in the near future
- The players profiled in the manual toothbrush market include P & G, Colgate, Curaprox, Unilever, Boie USA, Sensodyne (GSK), Dr. Collins, Sunstar, Nimbus, Dr. Fresh, Lion, Darlie, Saky, and Beijiajie