The global malted milk market size is expected to reach USD 8.12 billion by 2025 registering a CAGR of 5.5%, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. Malted milk is prepared by formulating whole milk powder, malted grain flour, and other ingredients, which are used as fortification and flavoring agents in food and beverages. It is used as a coating ingredient and provides sweetness and a creamy mouthfeel to the food and snack products.
The market growth can be attributed to the rising awareness about the benefits of malted foods and drinks and high demand for the product as nutrition supplement. In addition, rising health consciousness and rapid urbanization and industrialization across the globe are expected to have a positive impact on the market growth. Wheat source segment led the global market in 2018 and will expand further over the forecast period due to easy and abundantly availability of wheat.
It is also estimated to be the fastest-growing segment from 2019 to 2025. Moreover, wheat is cheaper and a better option to formulate with the other ingredients in malted milk. Barley is another key ingredient, which is considered as a highly nutritious substance. It contains proteins, amino acids, soluble fibers, and essential minerals, such as potassium, zinc, calcium, and magnesium.
Click the link below:
Further key findings from the study suggest:
- The milk liquid type segment is estimated to lead the global malted milk market expanding at the fastest CAGR of 5.53% from 2019 to 2025
- Asia Pacific is estimated to be the dominant, as well as, fastest-growing regional market over the forecast period due to high product demand
- Furthermore, growing population in countries, such as India, Japan, and China, along with increasing health awareness will drive the regional market
- Some of the key companies in the market are Nestle S.A., Horlicks, GlaxoSmithKline, Briess Malt & Ingredients, Imperial Malts Ltd.,SSP Pvt. Ltd., Family Cereal Sdn. Bhd., Muntons plc, Food & Biotech Engineers India Pvt. Ltd., and Insta Foods
- These companies focus on new product development and capacity expansion to gain a greater market share