The global leisure boat market size is anticipated to reach USD 51.37 billion by 2025, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc., registering a CAGR of 4.3% during the forecast period.
The tourism industry has been changing drastically in recent times with increasing popularity of marine and coastal tourism activities. The world economy is experiencing a healthy growth and markets such as U.S. are rapidly recovering from the 2008 economic crisis, which, in turn, has resulted in a rise in consumer disposable income. There is also an increase in number of High Net Worth Individuals (HNWIs) across the globe, which has resulted in a surge in expenditure on leisure activities, thus leading to a boost in demand for recreational boats.
Increasing number of boat shows and water sporting events are attracting a large number of boaters. Top manufacturers are sponsoring boat shows and events, which, in turn, is enhancing the popularity of leisure boats. A large number of people are participating in luxury boating activities, especially in European and North American countries, which is expected to further boost the market in these regions.
A number of technological modifications are taking place in boat building, such as adoption of IoT technology that enables appliances, physical structures, vehicles, smartphones, wearable devices, and heavy equipment to be connected to each other, while facilitating an exchange of information through a single network. A connected boat provides enhanced safety, security, and accuracy, while also improving efficiency by digitalizing and optimizing various functions. Additionally, use of new boating building materials and increase in R&D expenditure by boat manufacturers are driving the growth of the leisure boat market.
Measures taken by various governments to promote tourism activities in their countries are further boosting the market. Countries with rich natural resources such as vast coastlines and large inland water bodies are undertaking initiatives to promote recreational boating activities. U.S. has a rather long coastline, in addition to highly developed infrastructure and a large population that participates in leisure boating activities. This opens up new growth opportunities for the leisure boat market. The French government is encouraging yacht manufactures by providing them support in various forms, thus enabling companies to invest in expanding their yacht maintenance and construction capacities.
Growing popularity of marine tourism, rise in number of government initiatives, and increasing sales of recreational boats in developing economies such as India and China are expected to drive demand over the forecast period. Measures taken by the Chinese government for development of yachting as a recreational activity as well as development of marinas in coastal regions have boosted the growth of the Chinese leisure boat market.
Click the link below:
Further key findings from the report suggest:
- Leisure boats are projected to witness a strong demand owing to changing economic situations and rise in consumer disposable income across the world
- Sports yachts are expected to record a high demand in developed countries owing to active participation of people in recreational boating activities and marine sporting events
- Implementation of IoT technologies, GPS mapping, and smart sensors in boats increases safety and security of the boat, which, in turn, is expected to increase demand for recreational boats over the forecast period
- Boat manufacturers are focusing on promotional activities and boating events to attract more buyers in many developed as well as developing countries
- In 2016, North America dominated the global market in terms of revenue and was valued at USD 16.60 billion
- Key players in the market include Avon Marine; Azimut Benetti S.p.A.; Baja Marine; Bavaria Yachtbau GmbH; Bombardier Recreational Products (BRP) Inc.; Brunswick Corporation; and Chaparral Boats, Inc.