The global hand blender market size is expected to reach USD 398.3 million by 2025, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc., expanding at a CAGR of 8.2% over the forecast period. Increasing urbanization, coupled with shifting consumer preference towards compact and portable kitchen appliances, is expected to augment market demand. In addition, rising importance of multifunctional kitchen devices among the consumers, who are looking for convenient solutions, is expected to have a positive impact on the market growth.
Corded product was the largest segment, accounting for a share of more than 75.0% in 2018. Major manufacturers include BSH Home Appliances Group;Koninklijke Philips N.V.; Panasonic Corporation; Braun GmbH; Breville USA, Inc.; and Wonderchef Home Appliances Pvt. Ltd. are launching new technological products in order to gain the maximum customer base.
For instance, in March 2018, Braun GmbH launched its one of the most successful hand blenders under the brand name ‘Braun MultiQuick 5 Baby’. The company launched these products in ‘International Home + Housewares Show’ held in March 2018 in Chicago, Illinois. These innovative product launches increase the product visibility. The device is powered by 350 watts, coupled with multiple speed setting.
Asia Pacific is expected to be the fastest growing market, expanding at a CAGR of 9.0% from 2019 to 2025. Over the past few years, major players have been adopting marketing strategies including innovative product launch, increased R&D, and mergers and acquisitions in order to cater to the increasing demand for technologically advanced products in the region.
For instance, in October 2017, Smeg S.p.a., an Italy based company pioneered in home appliances manufacturing, launched its brand new portable kitchen appliance under the brand name ‘HBF02 hand blender’. The device was equipped with 700 W motor, along with a variable speed controller. The product has improved its ergonomics and provided it with an anti-slip grip.
Key players include BSH Home Appliances Group; Koninklijke Philips N.V.; Panasonic Corporation; Whirlpool; Wonderchef Home Appliances Pvt. Ltd.; Braun GmbH; Breville USA, Inc.; Smeg S.p.a.; Newell Brands; JVC Kenwood Corporation; and Iris Ohyama Inc. Hand blender manufacturers are expected to adopt product innovation in order to tap new markets over the next few years.
Click the link below:
Further key findings from the report suggest:
- The global hand blender market is fragmented in nature owing to the presence of a large number of strong players as well as new entrants
- Corded product emerged as the largest segment with a share of more than 75.0% in 2018
- Online distribution channel is expected to be the fastest growing segment with a CAGR of 8.7% from 2019 to 2025
- North America was the largest market, accounting for a share of 30.5% in 2018 owing to significant demand for modular kitchen and portable kitchen appliances in U.S. and Canada
- The APAC market is anticipated to witness significant growth owing to population growth and urbanization in developing economies including China and India.