The global dental chair market is expected to reach USD 639.4 million by 2026, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc., exhibiting a CAGR of 4%. Dental chairs are vital for any dental procedure. Rising need for comfortable chairs during surgeries and increasing demand for dental aesthetics are expected to boost growth during the forecast period. Therefore, key players are increasingly focusing on patient comfort while designing these chairs. Technological advancements such as addition of imaging systems, operating lights, footswitches, extended trays, and x-ray viewers have led to the introduction of innovative designs, thereby creating growth opportunities for market players.
Advancements in infrastructure in the healthcare and medical industry are expected to propel dental chair market growth. Moreover, increasing prevalence of oral diseases & dental disorders worldwide due to unhealthy eating habits, high sugar in daily diet, smoking, family history, and infections, such as AIDS or HIV, is boosting the demand for various dental equipment. This, in turn, is fueling the demand for dental examinations, thereby driving overall growth.
North America held the largest share in 2018 owing to factors such as high prevalence of dental disorders, growth in geriatric population, and improvement in infrastructure. Besides periodontal diseases, other common dental diseases prevalent in North America are tooth decay, bad breath, tooth erosion, and sensitivity, among others.
Click the link below:
Further key findings from the report suggest:
- The powered chairs segment held the largest share in 2018 and is expected to grow at a considerable rate during the forecast period
- Increasing number of innovations and growing preference by dental surgeons can be attributed to the high share of this segment
- Ceiling mounted design held a significant share of the market in 2018 as this design offers better assistance to dentists in performing multiple surgeries
- Among all applications, examination held the largest share owing to increasing awareness about oral benefits and rising incidence of several dental diseases
- Asia Pacific is expected to grow at a significant rate during the forecast period due to rising number of campaigns & initiatives by several organizations to create awareness about optimal dental health & hygiene and growing number of upgrades.