The global cold form blister packaging market is expected to reach USD 8.63 billion by 2024, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. Rising utilization of packaging materials that offers optimal protection and safety allowing to extend product shelf life is projected to boost market demand over the forecast period.
Cold form blister packs help to provide an impermeable barrier to moisture, light, oxygen, and other gasses. It also maintains the product integrity, offers complete protection proving to show high patient compliance rate. Some of the drivers influencing the market growth are the growing packaging demand from pharmaceutical industry and high requirement of cold forming packs owing to favorable product features.
Growing disposable income, improved medical facilities and initiatives adopted by the government to promote healthcare programs has led a rise in demand for cold form foil packaging products.
Click the link below:
Further key findings from the report suggest:
- Healthcare broadly prefers utilizing cold forming packaging materials; this segment accounted for 48.30% of the market volume in 2015. It is used for sealing many products like tablets, capsules, drugs, vials, ampoules, syringes or liquid products. Child-resistant, tamper evident, senior-friendly and anti-counterfeit packaging are in high demand worldwide.
- Innovative packaging is designed and modified to keep pharmaceuticals & medical devices free from all adverse external factors that modify the physical and chemical properties, biological contamination, degradation, mechanical damage, and counterfeiting
- Electronics & semiconductors are expected to witness the fastest growth over the forecast period. The rising number of automobile companies coupled with increasing utilization of electronic components, such as transmitters, transistors, diodes, batteries, in the manufacturing process may be attributed to high growth in future.
- Asia Pacific is projected to grow at the highest CAGR of over 7.8% on account of the growing demand for healthcare and electronics & semiconductors products in China, Japan, and India. Rising consumers’ necessity for convenience and better sealing features, demand for wide-range of product portfolio and improved environmental standards are accelerating the demand for cold form blister packaging.
- Major companies identified in this industry include Amcor Ltd., Sonoco Co. products, Bemis Company Ltd., Constantia Flexibles Group GmbH, Essentra PLC, Tekni-Plex Inc., and Honeywell International, Inc. among others. Multinational packaging companies have partnered with raw material suppliers and have acquired regional small and medium-sized flexible packaging companies to expand its geographical presence.