The global caviar market size is expected to reach USD 496.3 million by 2025, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc., progressing at a CAGR of 8.7% over the forecast period. Increasing use of caviar as seasoning or to sprinkle it on various food items such as pizza, burgers, sandwiches, ice cream, along with associated health benefits, is expected to propel the market demand over the forecast period.
Asia Pacific has been the fastest growing regional market in the world owing to increase in imports and exports, rapidly developing economies, and availability of a variety of fishes in the region. The market in Asia Pacific is anticipated to gain momentum due to high demand from developing countries like Japan and China.
The industry is witnessing rapid growth as caviar and related products have found wide applications in different sectors. The profitability aspects and rising demand from the consumers to compensate for their nutrient deficiencies are likely to attract new players and eventually benefit the market expansion.
Use of caviar in cosmetic products and health supplements is the latest trend in the market, which enables custom manufacturers to meet the desired product specifications by the customers. Restaurants has been the largest application segment for this product, wherein caviar is used in different food items, which not just improves taste but also makes them healthy.
Click the link below:
Further key findings from the study suggest:
- Europe is expected to expand at a CAGR of 8.2% from 2019 to 2025, owing to high spending ability of the consumers and rise in health consciousness
- In China, sevruga accounted for the largest share of 27.8% in 2018 on account of their high imports and exports. This product is used as a seasoning agent, health supplement, and consumed as a premium delicacy
- The Caviar market in the U.S. is projected to exhibit a CAGR of 8.8% from 2019 to 2025, wherein the major share is held by The Caviar Co., California Caviar Corp., and few other companies
- Restaurants accounted for 72.2% share in Germany with a revenue of USD 19.3 million in 2018
- Product innovation, along with formation of alliances with distributors located in the developing economies including China and India, is projected to provide the competitive edge to the manufacturers in the near future