The global cat litter products market size is expected to reach USD 5.0 billion by 2025, expanding at a CAGR of 3.8%, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. Substantial increase in the cat-owning households is driving the demand for cat litter. Most of the kitten owners prefer to let their kittens outside the house owing to reasons such as human hostility and adverse weather. This is why such products play an important role in the health of the pets and the people in the house, which is one of the major driving factors in the market.
Additionally, ever since cat care has become easier with the evolution of existing cat litter, along with the introduction of new ones, consumer demand for the variety in these products is increasing. However, there are certain challenges that are expected to negatively impact the market growth. High price of these products retrains the market growth, since the cat owners in the developing countries are reluctant to buy costly pet care products. This also results in a situation where the market fails to introduce premium products more, which, in turn, hampers the growth of the market.
Both the clumping and conventional or non-clumping products are expected to witness significant growth owing to the variation in the consumer needs. The clay segment is anticipated to hold the largest share in the market, owing to its highly absorbent and solid clump formation properties. The silica segment is also expected to witness healthy growth in the coming years.
North America held the largest share of 40.0% in 2018. About 87% of the cat owners in U.S. purchase cat litter in order to maintain hygiene of their pets. Central and South America and Asia Pacific are expected to considerably contribute to the market growth over the forecast period. Key players having a strong presence in the global cat litter products market are Clorox, Nestle, Church & Dwight, Mars, Oil-Dri, Pettex, Drelseys, SINCHEM, Weihai Pearl Silica Gel, and Blue.
Click the link below:
Further key findings from the study suggest:
- In terms of revenue, both the clumping and conventional types are projected to ascend at a CAGR of 3.8% over the forecast period
- By raw material, the clay segment dominated the market with a revenue of USD 2.6 billion in 2018
- North America dominated the global cat litter products market in 2018 and accounted for 40.0% share of the global revenue. This trend is projected to continue over the next few years
- The industry is highly competitive in nature with the main players including Clorox and Church & Dwight
- Various manufacturers are concentrating on new product launches, capacity expansion, and portfolio extension to estimate existing and future demand patterns from upcoming application segments.