The global camping tent market size is expected to reach USD 3.28 billion by 2025 registering a CAGR of 6.3%, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. Increasing popularity of recreational activities including camping, hunting, sports, trekking, and hiking is the key factor driving the market. Moreover, growing popularity of adventure travel in developed countries, such as U.S., Canada, Germany, France, Sweden, Austria, Russia, Norway, and U.K., has boosted the demand for camping tents.
Major manufacturers including Hilleberg, AMG GROUP, Newell Brand s, and The North Face are focusing on product development, which, in turn, will boost the market growth. For instance, in February 2018, Mountain Hardwear, a U.S.-based company, launched tunnel tent under the brand name ‘Pathfinder’. The product is suitable for two to three person occupancy and is made of high-quality fabric, which can withstand extreme weather conditions.
Europe was the largest regional segment in 2018. It is projected to expand further retaining its leading position throughout the forecast years. North America is also likely to witness a significant growth in future. Major companies in these two regions are focusing on product launch, R&D, and M&A activities to cater to the increasing demand for advanced products, thereby fueling the growth of the regional markets. For instance, in March 2019, The North Face launched ‘Geodome’. The product can withstand 60 mph winds.
Click the link below:
Further key findings from the report suggest:
- Europe was the largest regional market in 2018 and is projected to maintain its dominance over the forecast period
- However, Asia Pacific is expected to be the fastest-growing market at a CAGR of 6.9% from 2019 to 2025
- Tunnel tents was the largest product segment of the global camping tent market in 2018 and accounted for more than 50% of the overall share
- Commercial application is expected to witness the fastest CAGR from 2019 to 2025; while, the individual application segment is expected to account for the largest market share by 2025
- Key companies in the market are AMG GROUP, Hilleberg, Johnson Outdoors, The North Face, Newell Brands, Oase Outdoors, Simex Outdoor International, The Coleman Company, Big Agnes, Exxel Outdoors, and Kampa