The global brain health supplements market size is expected to reach USD 10.7 billion by 2025, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc., expanding at a CAGR of 8.2% over the forecast period. Growing health concerns over depression, anxiety, anti-aging, and sleep recovery issues among consumers, along with rise in the disposable income, are driving the market over the forecast period. Booming dietary supplements industry on account of health concerns mainly in developed countries is further expected to propel the market growth.
Nutritional benefits such as vitamins and minerals offered by the brain health supplements can reduce stress levels and offer protection against depression, anxiety, and dementia, thereby driving the market. Dementia can lead to anesthesia and depression in humans, therefore these products help to maintain the mental health of the consumers.
The product demand is attributed to the presence of a number of ingredients in the product such as vitamin D, bacopa monnieri, vitamin B12, vinpocetine, antioxidants, and docosahexaenoic acid (DHA). These ingredients provide brain health benefits such as concentration level, memory enhancement, focus and attention, thereby driving the demand for the product.
The market in North America is anticipated to grow due to rise in the sales of herbal products, along with increasing product launches. Growing health awareness among consumers, along with surge in the educational and promotional activities for the consumers, is anticipated to boost the growth in the region. Moreover, increase in the number of fitness clubs, fitness centers, and fitness programs and classes for mental and brain health issues is likely to augment the demand for brain health supplements over the forecast period.
Growing interest for the healthy and natural ingredients in the product among youth due to their various health benefits will fuel the demand in the market. Strategies such as expansion of geographical reach and product launches are adopted by companies to increase sales and improve product development. The market is recognized by a few initiatives, such as limited extension, mergers and acquisitions, and online sales and development endeavored by the key players in the business, including Cephalon, Inc.; Nootrobox, Inc.; Purelife Bioscience Co Ltd.; Nootrico; Peak Nootropics; and SupNootropic Biological Technology Co Ltd.
Click the link below:
Further key findings from the study suggest:
- In terms of revenue, the herbal extract segment is projected to expand at a CAGR of 9.7% over the forecast period
- Based on application, memory enhancement dominated the global market with 26.1% share of the overall revenue in 2018
- North America dominated the global market in 2018, which constituted 39.3% share in terms of revenue. This trend is projected to continue over the next few years
- The market in Asia Pacific is anticipated to witness growth due to increasing disposable income in India, South Korea, China, and Japan
- The industry is highly competitive in nature owing to presence of main players including Cephalon, Inc.; Nootrobox, Inc.; Purelife Bioscience Co Ltd.; Nootrico; and Peak Nootropics
- Various manufacturers are concentrating on new product launches, capacity expansion, and technological innovation to estimate existing and future demand patterns from upcoming product segments.