The global arachidonic acid market size is expected to reach USD 281.0 million by 2025 expanding at a CAGR of 5.8%, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. increasing product usage in baby food and health supplements is anticipated to drive the market growth. The infant formula segment is expected to witness a significant growth on account of increasing product usage in baby nutrition products. The need for appropriate amount of minerals, such as ARA and DHA, is creating more demand for ARA-based infant formula, which is likely to boost the segment growth over the coming years.
Moreover, increasing awareness regarding product benefits, as a result of various marketing activities undertaken by major companies, is likely to have a positive impact on the market growth. Increasing cases of ARA deficiency necessitates the need of a separate intake in the form of tablets, syrups, or injections. Rising awareness levels regarding the importance of maintaining the nutritive value are also likely to contribute to the global market growth.
Click the link below:
Further key findings from the study suggest:
- The global market is anticipated to reach 4.26 kilotons by 2025 expanding at a CAGR of 4.7% from 2018 to 2025
- In terms of revenue, solvent form segment is projected to register a CAGR of 5.6% over the forecast period
- The infant formula application segment led the global Arachidonic Acid (ARA) market in 2017
- Europe regional market is projected to witness a remarkable growth over the estimated period due to the rising health consciousness and awareness about ARA-based products
- Some of the key companies in the market are Cargill, Inc.; CABIO Biotech (Wuhan) Co. Ltd.; Cayman Chemical Company; Guangdong Runke Bioengineering Co. Ltd.; Koninklijke DSM N.V.; The Merck Group; and A & Z Food Additives Co. Ltd.